How to get maps in TOTAL
This document shows you how to retrieve maps for your reports - including aerial maps, which are a favorite of many clients.
Document 5141 ¦ Last updated: 12/29/2016 KMG
To retrieve and edit maps in TOTAL:
- Open your report in TOTAL.
- Click Add Map on the toolbar at the top.
- Now you'll see the Map Wizard. In the first step Position and Annotate Your Location Map, click the map type you want to embed into your report from the menu at the top left of the screen. Options include:
- Road Map - A typical street map like those that have always been available in TOTAL
- Aerial Map - A satellite photograph of the area containing your properties
- If you're viewing an Aerial map, you can overlay street labels onto your map by clicking Labels in the upper toolbar.
- To zoom in or out of your map, click the Zoom In and Zoom Out icons respectively.
- To re‑center your map, click and hold the map and then drag your mouse in the direction that you want the map to move.
- Choose or type a title for your map in the Map Title drop‑down in the lower right corner of the screen.
- TOTAL lets you edit and annotate your maps. Visit the Add Maps section in the TOTAL User's Guide to learn more.
- When finished, click Next or Finish to continue through the Map Wizard or save your map into your report.
If you're having trouble getting other map types, or would like to be prompted for map options each time you insert a new map into your report, check out doc 6514.