Getting started with Titan Analytics
If you're using Titan Analytics to fill out your Fannie Mae 1004MC (Market Conditions Form), this document will get you up and running.
Document 3000 | Last updated: 03/22/2018 SPB
Follow the instructions below to process data exported from your MLS in Titan Analytics, and then export the calculations to your report in TOTAL:
Before using Titan Analytics, make sure you've downloaded and installed the most recent TOTAL update. Click here
for instructions on getting the latest updates.
- Export the data from your MLS. Click here for MLS‑specific instructions.
- Once you've saved your MLS export file, open your report in TOTAL, click Tools, and select Titan Analytics.
- Review the Subject details (A) and enter the Effective Date (B) if it didn't transfer automatically. If your subject is a condominium, check the box next to Condo Analysis (C) to perform the condo calculations on the 1004MC.
- Select your state and your MLS from the drop‑down menus (A). Then, drag and drop the CSV file you exported from your MLS into the Titan Analytics window. Or, click the upload box to manually browse for the file, select it, and then click Open (B).
If you don't see your MLS listed in the dropdown, simply select your state and Other instead.
You can also use the Paste Data tab if you prefer to paste your content. This is useful if you have your file open in Excel, or if you'd rather not browse for it. From your spreadsheet program, highlight your data with CTRL+A, copy it with CTRL+C, and paste it into the upload area with CTRL+V.
Whichever method you choose, when you're finished, click Upload.
- Your properties are now shown on a map and listed in a grid. If Titan Analytics couldn’t find one or more fields or determined it didn’t have enough data to completely fill out the 1004MC, you’ll see a warning at the bottom of the screen. Click the Click here for details link to view the missing or unmatched fields.
For example, if your MLS doesn’t export a List Date but instead has an Effective Date, correct this by scrolling to the imported Effective Date column, clicking the dropdown, and selecting List Date. Once you do this, Titan Analytics will remember it from that point forward.
- Once you've matched your fields, use this screen to identify outliers from your data export that you don't want to use in your 1004MC calculation. From here you can:
- Right‑click a property on the map to mark it as Outlier or Observable to include it in or remove it from calculations. Click Update to apply your changes.
- Click Draw Selection and then click the locations on the map image to plot the points around the perimeter of the area containing the properties you want to select. When you're finished plotting the points, right click to apply your selection. Once you've drawn an area, use the Set Selection drop‑down menu and the checkboxes in the Condo column (if applicable) to make changes to all of the properties within the area simultaneously. If you make changes to a property outside of the drawn area and you want to re‑select the properties in the drawn area, simply click Select.
- Click Manage Statuses to match column headers in your CSV file with the columns in Titan Analytics if Titan Analytics wasn't able to match them automatically. For example, if your MLS exports a column as Closed Price, click Manage Statuses to associate that column with the Sold Price column in Titan Analytics.
- Place a check next to multiple properties, or draw an area and use the Set Selection drop‑down menu to mark all of the selected properties as Observable, Outlier, or Duplicate simultaneously.
- Use the Filter Properties drop‑down menu to choose whether you want to view properties marked as Outlier, Observable, Duplicate, or any combination of the three.
- Use the Filter Columns drop‑down menu to show or hide specific columns.
- If you indicated that the property was a condo in Step 3, check the box to specify whether or not the property is part of the subject’s condominium project and should be considered for the condo portion of the 1004MC. If you didn't check the condo analysis box in Step 3, the condo column isn't displayed.
- Use the drop‑down menu in the grid to set an individual property as Outlier, Observable, or Duplicate to include it in or remove it from calculations.
- Drag and drop column headers to rearrange them.
- Once you filter your properties, click Next to reach the 1004MC summary. This is the data that will be transferred back to your form. Click Trends and Calculations (A) to customize your settings, such as whether to consider Pending sales as On Market or Off Market. When you're finished reviewing your settings and data, click Next (B).
- Choose the graphs you want to add to the special Analytics Addendum page:
- Select a graph on the left and click the right arrow button to add it to your Analytics Addendum.
- Select a graph on the right and click the up and down arrows, or simply drag and drop graphs to rearrange them.
- If you added one of the regression graphs, adjust the parameters as needed.
- Once you’ve chosen your graphs, click Next and choose your transfer options. Then, click Export to TOTAL and Titan Analytics transfers your calculations and graphs to your report.
That's it! The 1004MC data and analysis are now included in your TOTAL report.