Moving just QuickLists from WinTOTAL Aurora to TOTAL
This document explains how to export QuickLists from WinTOTAL Aurora and move them to TOTAL.
Document 6556 ¦ Last updated: 12/27/2017 RR2
If you're moving to a new PC while also switching to TOTAL, there's an easy way to move just your QuickLists from Aurora to TOTAL without running the Aurora Transition Assistant.
If you've installed TOTAL on the same machine as WinTOTAL Aurora, you can skip the export process and instead jump straight to importing your QuickLists
. Then, instead of browsing for a file, select the Aurora
option and choose the QuickList you want to import from the list displayed.
Importing QuickLists from WinTOTAL Aurora to TOTAL won't retain the order in which they're listed. You'll need to manually re‑arrange your QuickLists after they've been imported.
Follow the steps below to move your QuickLists:
To export QuickLists from WinTOTAL Aurora:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows Key + R.
- In the Open: field, type tsa and click OK
- Choose WinTOTAL Utilities, and click Next.
- In the left column, double‑click number 10: Import/Export Text Database.
- When the dialog pops up, choose Export Text Database to File/Disk/Drive.
- Click the Browse button, select the location where you'll save the QuickList file, and click OK.
- The QuickList file can be stored in any location — including removable storage devices (USB drive, SD card, etc).
- If you're moving the file to a new computer using a network, simply browse to the network location where you'd like to store the file. The location of the file doesn't matter as long as it's easily accessible on the new PC.
- The dialog displays the location where the file will be saved. Click OK to export the file.
- Click OK when the export is complete. This dialog also displays the location of the saved file and the file name: QuickLists.Zip.
To import QuickLists into TOTAL:
- Open TOTAL.
- Click Tools, Configure Settings, then choose the Forms tab on the left.
- In the Choose your preferred Text Database section click the Import ( ) button on the right. The Choose Import Source prompts you to choose the file to be imported.
- Click Browse, and navigate to the location of the file that you just moved from the old PC. As a reminder, this file is named QuickLists.Zip. Select the file and click Open.
- Click Import in the Choose Import Source window.
- You're prompted to choose which QuickList you'd like to import. Click on the QuickList name, and then click OK.
That's it. The WinTOTAL QuickLists you had on your previous computer are now available in TOTAL.