Transferring ownership of a domain to a la mode
This document helps you configure your domain so that a la mode manages your DNS records.
Document 5751 | Last updated: 05/13/2019 RR2
Your XSite comes with one free domain name credit. Click here
to learn more about registering domains for your XSite, or click here
to purchase additional credits.
To transfer your domain away from its current registrar and give control to a la mode, follow the instructions below.
1 — Find out (or verify) who your registrar is
- Click here to access the Whois Lookup at DomainTools.com.
- Enter your domain name in the search box to look up your website.
- On the next page, your registrar is displayed along with other web information.
If the Whois Lookup doesn't display your correct email address, contact your registrar for assistance. This email needs to be valid and accessible to you.
2 — Get an EPP Code from your registrar
- This a 6‑16 character string of numbers and letters, and it's sometimes called an Authorization Code.
- You need to contact your registrar directly to request it.
3 — Send us your information
- Send an email to email@example.com with your a la mode customer number, EPP Code, and domain name, and let us know you want us to take control of your domain.
- Once your request is received, you get a confirmation e‑mail from info@transfer‑approval.com.
- Click the link within that email to approve the transfer.
Once these steps are complete, we begin the transfer process for you. We'll contact you directly when it's finished. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The transfer process takes 5 business days from the time we process your email request.