Transferring ownership of a domain to a la mode
This document helps you configure your domain so that a la mode manages your DNS records.
Document 5751 | Last updated: 09/11/2017 RR2
It's relatively easy to transfer your domain away from its current registrar and give control to a la mode:
Find out (or verify) who your registrar is.
- Click here to access the Whois Lookup at DomainTools.com.
- Enter your domain name in the search box to look up your website.
- On the next page, your registrar is displayed along with other web information.
If the Whois Lookup doesn't display your correct e‑mail address, contact your registrar for assistance. This e‑mail needs to be valid and accessible to you.
Get an EPP Code from your registrar.
- This a 6‑16 character string of numbers and letters, and it's sometimes called an Authorization Code.
- You need to contact your registrar directly to request it.
Send us your information.
- Send an e‑mail to email@example.com with your a la mode customer number, EPP Code, and domain name, and let us know you want us to take control of your domain.
- Once your request is processed, you receive a confirmation e‑mail from info@transfer‑approval.com.
- Click the link within that e‑mail to approve the transfer.
Once these steps are complete, we begin the transfer process for you, and contact you directly when it's finished. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.