Add the Google +1 button to Your XSite
Add the Google +1 button to your XSite.
Document 7027 ¦ Last updated: 02/15/2017 KMG
Google's +1 button is a great way to encourage people to find and interact with you on Google+ directly from your XSite. Follow the steps below to add the Google +1 button to your XSite.
- While logged in to the admin area of your XSite, click XSite at the top to access the XSite's Wizard. Then, click My Content in the Content box on the left.
- Click the name of the page where you want to place the Google +1 button to open the Content Editor for that page. For example, if you want to put the widget on your Home page, click Home.
- In the Content Editor, click the HTML editor ( ) button below the editing window to access the HTML View.
- In HTML view, scroll to the bottom of the HTML code, place your cursor at the end, and press Enter to start a new line.
- Now, type or copy and paste the following code where you just placed your cursor:
<script src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js" async defer></script><g:plusone></g:plusone>
You can place the HTML code anywhere on the page, including in the Dynamic Content
, but adding it to the bottom of your page is typically the easiest.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Content Editor and click Save and Close.
To add the Google +1 button to your blog posts:
When you're creating a new blog post, edit the HTML of your post's content and place the same code you used in the steps above to make the Google +1 button visible to your blog readers.