Enabling Flash for your XSite
This document explains how to enable Flash for your XSite in your web browser.
Document 7011 | Last updated: 09/18/2018 RR2
Web browsers are constantly changing. After recent changes to the Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge web browsers, you might be suddenly unable to view the XSite Wizard, which uses Adobe Flash. To get back to editing your XSite content, click a panel below to view instructions specific to your browser.
- First, on your XSite login screen, you're prompted to install Flash. When you see this message, look up at your website address bar in Chrome.
- Just to the left of your website address bar, click on the padlock icon to view a drop‑down menu.
- In the menu that appears, click Site settings.
- Your settings open in a new tab. Click Ask (default) next to Flash, and select Allow from the dropdown.
- Close your settings tab to return to the login screen, and click the Reload button shown at the top.
- When you get to the XSite Wizard, you're prompted with a screen which states "Alternate content".
- Just to the left of your website address bar, click on the information icon to view a drop‑down menu.
- Repeat steps 3-5 above: choose Site Settings, select Allow next to Flash, close your settings, and Reload the page.
- That's it! Flash is now enabled for your Chrome session.
In the latest version of Chrome, you can no longer leave Flash enabled. Every time you close the browser and re‑open it, your Flash settings are reset.
If you access your XSite with flash disabled in Microsoft Edge, you're prompted to download Adobe Flash. Follow the step below to enable Adobe Flash in your web browser.
- With Microsoft Edge open, press Alt+X.
- Click Settings, and select View advanced settings.
- Click the Use Adobe Flash Player switch to turn on Adobe Flash.
- Finally, refresh the screen and log in to your XSite and it now opens correctly in Microsoft Edge.