August 26, 2015 Update
This document details the complete list of updates and changes made to TOTAL released with the August 26, 2015 update.
Document 6343 | Last updated: 08/26/2015 MJY
A new update is ready for you. To download this update, and any prior updates you may have missed, just click Help (with TOTAL open), and then click Check for Updates.
FHA will be introducing a new delivery portal for all FHA appraisals, much like the GSE initiatives to pre-screen your reports. The mandatory compliance date is June 27, 2016 and some lenders will start using the system as soon as mid-October.
As usual, we want you to be ready well before then. So, this update to TOTAL will check against the rules that will be applied when your report is uploaded to the EAD portal. However, if you want to wait to follow these rules, simply don’t check the FHA marker when you start the report.
Another highly requested feature we’ve added is the ability to insert specific pages from multi-page PDF files. You no longer have to insert 50 pages of a PDF, or print and scan, just so you can insert the one page you really want.
We’ve also added several stability and performance improvements. Most notably:
- Addresses updated with the “Convert Addresses to USPS Standards…” tool will no longer revert back to the previous address.
- Invalid network settings on workstations will be corrected automatically when opening TOTAL.
- Improved memory management for added performance.
For a complete list of improvements, take a look at the detailed release notes below. And, as always, thanks again for giving us your thoughts via the Feedback feature inside TOTAL. We read them every day and we can track them much better than standard e‑mails.
The TOTAL Product Team
P.S. In case you missed our previous update messages, click here for the release note archive.
- We’re introducing the FHA/ VA options in the Smart Start screen which will set up your reports E&O and Order numbers depending on what option you choose. (Don't worry, you don't have to mark either to start a report.)
- The Same As option for the Other File Number on Form field is now remembered when starting a new report.
- A new E&O rule will validate the format of the FHA Case Number.
- We added an FHA EAD Warnings Only filter for FHA reports.
- Individual pages from a multi-page PDF document can now be inserted into reports.
- “Insert Page from PDF…” will now insert very large PDF files.
- An issue where a report with more than 100 characters in the Report Description could result in performance issues has been corrected.
- We corrected an issue which could cause incorrectly configured standalone installations to load a blank Appraisal Desktop.
- Incorrect settings on a workstation will no longer cause the file manager to load incorrectly.
- TOTAL will now make use of additional memory when it’s available.
- We resolved the issue that caused the Appraisal Desktop to incorrectly display the message “Did you find what you are looking for?” briefly upon opening TOTAL.
- An issue has been corrected which could, in some cases cause the Info Pane to go blank when editing an Invoice from the Appraisal Desktop.
- A new setting can transfer of the Subject’s Heating, Cooling, and Amenities data from the Improvements section to the Sales Comparison section of UAD reports.
- A letter‑sized Cost Approach Addendum is in Contents.
- An issue which could result in addresses reverting after using the USPS Address Standardization Tool has been corrected.
- We corrected an address transfer issue between the Assignment PowerView and the Forms PowerView on the Canadian ERC (CERC3) and Canadian ERC [French] (CERC3-FR) forms.
- There’s now an option to lock the Address 2 field from transfers to allow the bypassing of USPS standardization.
- The issue that could cause map balloons to have unnecessary padding around the balloon text has been resolved.
- The VSS Commentary Addendum no longer merges into new reports.
- The VSS Commentary Addendum is no longer listed in the SmartMerge screen when merging selected forms from a report which contains one.
- We added a maximum to the number of photos initially displayed in the Photos PowerView to prevent excessive delays in loading the contents of the QuickPix Database or Images on Disk.
- The Photos PowerView loads faster when you switch from a different PowerView.
- We’ve improved performance of the QuickPix database with large record sets.
- SafeStart has been updated to review and correct workstation configuration files that could prevent workstations from opening TOTAL correctly.
- Missing server paths will no longer cause the server to revert to incorrect paths.
- If a background process fails to complete during startup, remaining background tasks are now still performed.
- TOTAL will now prompt to install TOTAL Sketch if an attempt to launch it is made and it is not installed.
- The Eraser (Small) symbol will now display correctly in sketches created on iOS devices.
- SmartAddress now groups the properties by the property type then sort the properties by the sales date. If a sales date isn't present, the effective date is used.
- The text color of Versions not included in the consistency check will no longer change color when the subject is included/excluded.
- An issue has been corrected which would prevent SmartAddress from launching if more than 99 previous versions were found in the database.
- We fixed an issue which could prevent SmartAddress from launching if a comp address was cleared using backspace, delete or Ctrl+K.