June 23rd, 2015 Update
This document details the updates to TOTAL released with the June 23, 2015 update.
Document 6341 | Last updated: 06/23/2015 ACN
A new update is ready for you. To download this update, and any prior updates you may have missed, just click Help (with TOTAL open), and then click Check for Updates.
As announced last week, this update changes the names of our delivery tools from Mercury Desktop to TOTAL Connect and MercuryDirect to TOTAL Connect Pro. However, there won't be any changes to your workflow.
You'll just notice the newTOTAL Connect name on what was formerly Mercury Desktop. It's the free tool you use to deliver to many of your clients via DataCourier, XSites, or other available plugins.
As you can see in these screens, only the name and icons are changing. Your delivery workflow will remain the same.
The new name better reflects our TOTAL suite of products and will help eliminate confusion. In the future, TOTAL Connect will include more than delivery, with tightly-integrated assignment management, communication with lender clients, detailed audit trails, and more.
This update also includes:
- We fixed an issue where the "Convert Addresses to USPS Standards" option under Toolswas sometimes hidden.
- The Math Calculator and Report Contents panes are no longer covered by the QuickLists pane.
- We fixed an issue which occurred on Windows XP machines that formatted the License Expiration Date incorrectlyandcaused issues with signing reports.
- Three UAD warnings have been upgraded to Hard Stops, per Freddie Mac's upcoming requirements. Learn more here.
For the complete list of improvements, take a look at the detailed release notes below. And, as always, thanks again for giving us your thoughts via the Feedback feature inside TOTAL. We read them every day and we can track them much better than standard e‑mails.
The TOTAL Product Team
P.S. In case you missed our previous update messages, click here for the release note archive.
- Optimized TOTAL's PDF print driver to reduce XML and PDF size while maintaining high quality images and maps.
- All information is now being transferred when swapping a 1004UAD to a GPRES2.
- SQL databases are no longer being backed up as SQLite databases.
- TOTAL now supports a fully-functional 15 day trial.
- The Math Calculator and Report Contents panes’ visibility is no longer covered up by the QuickLists pane.
- The progress bar in TOTAL's loading screen is no longer cut off when using higher DPI settings.
- The Convert Addresses to USPS Standards option in the Tools menu is no longer removed or hidden in certain rare cases.
- Find and Replace now works with locked fields.
- A confirmation message is displayed after preforming a Replace All from the Find and Replace function.
- Windows settings no longer format the License Expiration Date incorrectly.
- To prevent accidentally enabling Numbers Only field formatting, the option to do so has been disabled for drop‑down lists in UAD fields.
- To ensure the accuracy of the actual age calculation, the Effective and Inspection Dates are no longer included when merging a report.
- The Find and Replace function will now advance to the next instance of a word on multi-page forms.
- Real Time Validation (RTV) now identifies an excessive number of characters in the Project Name and Project Phase fields in an Exterior-Only Condo [UAD Version] or Condo [UAD Version] forms.
- Added the Cut, Copy, and Paste shortcut/hotkeys to the right-click context menu.
- To prevent the accidental enabling of Numbers Only field formatting, pressing the F6 hotkey now disables Numbers Only field formatting but does not toggle it on.
- Find and Replace will now search for words in locked fields and replace them if necessary.
- Made improvements to preserve the position of the splitter between QuickLists and Report Contents in the left pane.
- The position of splitter in the QuickList pane in the Forms PowerView is now independent from the position of the QuickList pane splitter in the Assignment PowerView.
- Reports will now open when selecting the report and pressing the Enter key.
- The SmartAddress Icon will now show up correctly when Windows XP DPI scaling is turned on.
- Locked subject fields in the Sales Comparison grid will not be blanked after switching to the Side‑by‑Side PowerView.
- The function to “Import Comparables form Older Reports” will no longer show blank comps for reports from WinTOTAL Aurora.
- The splitter between the QuickList panel and the Order Form/Invoices panel will no longer go lower than the Order Form Options panel.
- Information in the signature area of a form will no longer be overwritten by blank user management settings.
Errors & Omissions
- Three existing UAD warnings have been upgraded to UAD hard stops to accommodate for the upcoming Freddie Mac requirements.
- The GPRES2 form no longer causes E&O errors "Net adjustment amount for comparable #x on form seems to be in error".
- The SmartMerge window size is now remembered after being resized, closed and reopened.
- Adding an Additional Listings page to the GP Residential [Signature] form now displays the same GP Residential logo in the lower left corner as the Additional Comparables page.
- Fixed a keyboard navigation issue in the Operating Income Statement form.
- Net Adjustment (Total, in $) calculate correctly on the GP Land form, when using the Adjustment Option of "Adj's are in % of $ / Sqft or Acre".
- Signatures will now align correctly on the Restricted Appraisal [Blakewood] form.
- Adjusted Sale Price (in $ / Unit Area) now calculates correctly for Comparables 1-3 when the Adjustments are in % of $ / Unit Area.
- Corrected the signature placement on the Commercial Appraisal Review form.
- Updated the GP Land form to better describe which fields must be populated in order to update the Indicated Value by Sales Comparison Approach field.
- Map balloon text will no longer extend beyond the dimensions of the balloon.
- Comparables imported from DataMaster are now placed correctly after merging into another report.
- Corrected an issue which could cause the checkbox to Show/Hide Balloon Extras to disappear.
MLS Text File Importer
- Made small changes to step 2 of the MLS Importer to improve consistency throughout all of the steps.
- The MLS Text File Importer can now be resized to Full Screen.
- We added the ability to "Apply To Selected" in addition to the “Apply To All” function, which allows you to apply the comparable type to only the selected records. Use Ctrl or Ctrl+Shift key and the mouse to select specific comparables.
- A warning message will be displayed if Next on Step 1 is clicked with an invalid delimiter selected.
- Completing a comparables import using the MLS Text File Importer no longer locks the MLS source file.
- Blank XML in the templates location no longer prevents the MLS Text Importer from opening.
- The file type selection that is made when browsing to an MLS file (CSV or TXT) is now remembered for subsequent uses.
- Clean Up rules can now replace data with blanks for any part of the field or the whole field.
- All references to Mercury Desktop have been changed to TOTAL Connect.
- Changing the contents order, adding files to the Workfile, signing the report, or saving Commentary Addendum will not result in requiring that VSS Pre-Delivery Check is run again, if it has already been run for this report.
- The “Share TOTAL report via e‑mail” dialog now displays properly on computers with higher DPI settings.
- The delivery details are now automatically saved to the report's history immediately after the report is delivered.
- TOTAL will check for the presence of required Vault updates, and install them if available.
- The SmartAddress tooltip is displayed properly after opening a report that has been signed.
- The type of the previous versions found are now listed as Subject, Sale, Listing, or Rental.
TOTAL for Mobile Sync
- Sketch symbols transferred from TOTAL for Mobile to TOTAL are now sized correctly.
TOTAL Store Integration
- Duplicate Additional Comparable pages are no longer added when DataMaster information is imported into certain reports.
- Removing a Text Addendum from the report while either the split-screen Addenda is showing or the Addenda PowerView is undocked will now automatically close either view.
- Added Appraisal Report - Agricultural Tract (01/01/14) form.
- Added VA Request for Assistance in Payment [Cleveland][Lgl] form.
- Added VA Request for Assistance in Payment [Cleveland][Ltr] form.
- Added VA Request for Assistance in Payment [Cleveland][Major][Lgl] form.
- Added VA Request for Assistance in Payment [Cleveland][Major][Ltr] form.
- Added a version of the long Letter of Transmittal with both Appraiser and Supervisor signatures.
- Added a button to the image tools that allows you to add a photo in the Workfile to the photo form.
- After cropping an image while maintaining the aspect ratio, the aspect ratio is now correctly maintained when saving the optimized image back to a TOTAL report.
- Widened the menus for the QuickBooks Export window to utilize screen space for the listed items.
- The correct Paid Date is now transferred into QuickBooks.
- Clicking Cancel on the export wizard will now prompt you to confirm the canceling of the import process.
- Implemented a mechanism to display a message when the providers’ servers are unavailable due to scheduled maintenance.
- The Cancel button will now stop loading the image previews.
- Using the tab key to navigate will no longer skip the ZIP field.
- A tooltip has been added to the data displayed in the Area Calculation and Property Characteristic panes.