May 22nd, 2014 Update
This document details the complete list of updates and changes made to TOTAL released with the May 22, 2014 update.
Document 6328 | Last updated: 02/15/2017 ACN
Appraisal Desktop/File Manager
- Moving or renaming folders outside of the Appraisal Desktop will no longer cause TOTAL to fail to open.
- We improved processes to reduce the time it takes to load large amounts of folders in the File Manager.
- We resolved an issue that could cause an unexpected error when downloading a report from TOTAL for Mobile Sync.
- We fixed an issue which prevented some reports to be saved to the reports database.
- We corrected an issue that prevented reports from being added to the database if they contained data elements longer than the defined database field length.
- We resolved an issue that prevented the File Manager to load on servers running on a domain.
- We fixed an issue that prevented sorting reports in the Appraisal Desktop if reports contained an invalid latitude or longitude values.
- We fixed an issue where in some cases the Advanced Search would display an error message if the address was invalid.
- We corrected a rare issue related to copying and moving files on a standalone installation of TOTAL.
- We fixed an issue where adding a period “.” to the end of a folder name created a duplicate folder in the database
- We resolved a rare issue that prevented deleting reports on standalone installations of TOTAL.
- Folder names in the File Manager no longer allows invalid characters, such as \ : * ? < > | /
- File Manager folders will now display properly on Windows XP machines using ClearType font smoothing.
- We fixed an issue where corrupt or damaged reports could cause DynaZip errors when opening TOTAL.
- We corrected a rare issue that caused the File Manager to not display any data.
P.S. In case you missed our previous update messages, click here for the release note archive.