April 3, 2014 Update
This document details the complete list of updates and changes made to TOTAL released with the April 03, 2014 update.
Document 6326 | Last updated: 02/15/2017 MJY
There are a lot of improvements in this update. For everything that's included, see the list below. These are the highlights:
- Overall, you'll notice new fonts that look sharper on high-definition monitors.
- We've added Undo/Redo to the Worksheets PowerView as well as "Paste Special" to include formatting and values when copying from programs like Excel. You'll also find new hotkeys to quickly link and unlink cells.
- You can now import hundreds of MISMO XML files into TOTAL, instead of just one at a time. This is perfect for appraisers who've recently switched from competing software. Simply check the box in the Competitor Conversion Wizard to get started. Then all of your reports will be available in TOTAL's database.
This update also adds several new time-saving sketching features. First, you'll notice the new Properties and Actions panels on the right-hand side of the screen:
These panels give you instant access to tools for every part of your sketch. For example, if you select the "Bedroom" label, you can change the font formatting and quickly edit, duplicate, and more. In the past, you could only access these tools by right clicking on each object, which was cumbersome.
You'll also now see the entire sketch's square footage (as well as that area's square footage) by hovering over areas in your sketch:
Last but not least, you can change the size of any symbol under Properties. You'll still be able to resize them by dragging the corners, but this option gives you more precise control.
Check out the notes below for all of the changes in this update. And, as always, thanks again for giving us your thoughts via the Feedback feature inside TOTAL. These new features came directly from your feedback. We read them every day and we can track them much better than standard e‑mails.
Please keep them coming and we'll keep making TOTAL better.
The TOTAL Product Team
P.S. In case you missed our previous update messages, click here for the release note archive.
- We added the ability to convert multiple XML files to TOTAL reports. This feature is available from the Appraisal Desktop File menu as well as the Competitor Conversion Wizard for ACI reports.
MLS Text File Importer
- We enhanced the Clean Up function to allow you to specify whether text in find/replace should match the entire field or any part of a field, along with significant overall usability improvements.
QuickPix Database / Photos PowerView
- Placing a photo from Images on Disk no longer resets the window position.
- QuickPix now supports image display for Images on Disk locations with more than 5000 images.
- We fixed an issue that could cause TOTAL to stop responding when using certain features of the QuickPix tab of the Photos PowerView.
- Undo and Redo buttons have been added to the Worksheet toolbar.
- Paste Special options have been added to the Worksheet toolbar.
- Hotkeys have been added for Linking and Unlinking cells - ALT+L to link cells, ALT+D to link fields, and ALT+U to unlink.
- Cells will now support additional date formatting options, including UAD compliant date formatting.
- Cell links are retained when cutting and pasting.
- Form fields related to comparables will now automatically link when using the formatting drag handle for an already linked cell.
- Named ranges are now supported.
- Ctrl + Shift + K can now be used to bring up the Worksheet split screen from the supported PowerViews.
- Focus is now given to the Worksheet immediately when the split-screen view is opened.
- Unlinking Link Cells now removes the lock from the form.
- When deleting columns or rows, the links and data correctly shift.
- Inserting a blank column or row no longer duplicates linked cells.
- Inserting a group of highlighted fields now inserts all the highlighted fields, rather than just the first cell.
- When delivering a TOTAL report via e‑mail, unchecking the Workfile option now prompts that the signature will be removed if the report is sent.
- When the cursor is in a cell that has already been linked, the Link Cell and Field buttons are now disabled.
- We consolidated the toolbar and removed the hide button for the Worksheets split screen. The close button is still available for use.
- Clicking a linked Worksheet cell while undocked will no longer cause the worksheet to briefly disappear.
- Form check boxes now show as locked (green) when linked to the Worksheet.
- Link buttons in the Worksheet toolbar update status correctly when cells are shifted.
- Loading a Worksheet created on a different major form where fields do not exist on the current major form no longer loads old data.
- Link buttons in the Worksheet toolbar are now disabled while focus is in the General Text Addendum or the Supplemental Addendum.
- Context menu options for Link Field/Cell and Unlink are appropriately enabled and disabled.
- Loading a saved Worksheet now prompts that any existing unsaved worksheet data will be cleared from memory.
- Merging from reports that contain Linked Cells and Linked Fields now merge into the new report when the option to do so has been checked.
- We fixed an issue that could prevent a report containing a Worksheet with links to numeric fields with comma separators from opening.
- We added new Properties and Actions panels that allow for easier access to common features used to modify various sketch objects.
- We added the ability to resize symbol size by providing dimensions in the new Properties panel.
- We fixed an issue that prevented TOTAL Sketch to launch in rare circumstances.
- Changing calculating properties after area creation will no longer cause the wrong area name to be displayed.
- Exporting the sketch as a JPG, TIFF, or BMP will no longer produce a black image.
- We fixed an issue that could cause instability in rare circumstances when modifying areas of some sketches.
- TOTAL Sketch will now check for and, if needed, install .NET 3.5.
- We fixed an issue that caused blank sketches to be created when opening an existing sketch.
- We fixed an issue that prevented the ruler from being displayed under the toolbar when re-sizing a line.
- Using CTRL+A to select all text in a textbox will no longer select everything in the sketch.
- We fixed an issue that caused area square footage to change when rotating an area.
- Using the 'Vivaldi' font in a label will no longer cause instability.
- When drawing clockwise the sketch labels are now being placed on the outside and when drawing counter clockwise the sketch labels are now being placed on the inside.
- Label will now display the specified number under decimal precision.
- The draw cursor will be placed directly on top of a point, when using the J key and then clicking with the mouse on top of that point.
- "Non-Calculated Area" types will show area calculations if they are set to display.
- Drawing a two car attached garage will no longer subtract from GLA.
- Octagons will now be drawn with 8 equal sides.
- Areas cut out of a basement will be defaulted to type "Garage" rather than to "Open to Below".
- When a garage is cut out of a basement area it now reports as a separate area instead of combined.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain sketches to lock up when being edited.
- Mouse cursor will no longer move when using the arrow keys to reposition symbols or labels.
- We fixed an issue where dragging a corner created by two interior walls would only drag one of the walls rather than both.
- Tooltips are now visible when hovering over the Draw, Modify, and Pan buttons.
- Visual and text changes were made to the Preferences window to improve usability.
- Living area and Gross Living Area now display on the bottom toolbar of a sketch.
- Text in multi-line fields no longer appears at the end of the field if TOTAL is configured to use a corrupt or non-existent printer within Print Setup.
- Actual Age is now correctly being calculated based on the Effective Date.
- Cursor placement within auto adjuster is correct when typing and clicking in the field.
- We improved scrolling when using the scroll bar up/down buttons.
- QuickNotes can now be deleted after they have been collapsed.
- Data will no longer concatenate from a Dynamic Field Expansion if the parent field is locked.
- Checkboxes listed as "one and only one" in Appendix B of the UAD correctly allow for only one selection.
- We fixed an issue that could cause TOTAL to close unexpectedly when hovering the mouse over an image in the Image Tool Strip.
- The Dashboard button was updated to be consistent with the Dashboard button in TOTAL.
- Proximity no longer disappears from the IQ Search once a report is closed.
- Actual Age is now displaying correctly when database comps from the previous year are placed in a report.
- We added the option to export comparables found in the Workfile to the Comps Database when signing a report.
- Year Built is now based off of the Date of Sale when searching for comparables in the Comps Database.
- We corrected a rare issue that caused an error when launching the Comps Database.
Printing / Delivery
- Support has been added for delivery through the MetroWest plugin.
- When opening reports created prior to the December 26th update the Garage/Carport and Design(Style) fields will no longer lock. The RTV and E&O error messages still display.
- We fixed an issue that could cause instability in rare situations when merging individual sections of an Aurora report.
- We updated the text in the 1025 for the Price per Unit to indicate locking is needed if the Tot. Units Field in the pop up for unit breakdown is blank.
- We updated navigation for the Amenities section of Improvements so that entering from the Patio/Deck field does not take you to Car Storage's None checkbox but to the checkbox for Pool.
- The State and Zip Code of the Address now properly transfers to the grid in the Desktop Quantitative 09/96.
- We improved the error message presented when trying to share TOTAL Report via e‑mail and there is no default e‑mail client set up.
- Opening a report that was incorrectly shut down will no longer recover two copies of that report.
- The Image Strip will now load properly if there is not a path configured.
- We fixed an issue that caused TOTAL to shut down unexpectedly in rare situations after getting an error message after syncing to a mobile device.
- A UAD Warning will be shown if the Garage/Carport field has data but the count fields are blank.
- Updated E&O rules for the 1004UAD and 2055UAD major forms.
- Updated E&O review rules for the 1073UAD and 1075UAD major forms.
Aurora Transition Assistant
- Importing a user from Aurora will also import the QuickLists for the same user.
- "Reconciliation → Conditions Desc" text will transfer correctly to the Addenda when using the Insert Field function.
- We've significantly enhanced font installation and management.
- We fixed an issue that caused an error when opening the Dashboard.
- We fixed an issue that could cause scrolling left and right to be very slow when using the scrollbar buttons.
- Closing the Client Information pop-up with the Escape key will navigate to the next field.
- Entering the Sale Date in the Assignment PowerView now transfers the data to the Sales Comparison Approach on page two of the URAR.
- SmartAdjust will no longer adjust for an additional month if the date is past the 14th day of the month.
- SmartAdjust now works with the GP Land [Signature] Form.
- The Adj. Value column is now centered in SmartAdjust's columns.
- When delivering a TOTAL report via e‑mail, unchecking the Workfile option will warn that the signature will be removed if the report is sent.
- Using multi-line QuickLists that contain formatting will now transfer all text.