May 7, 2013 Update
This document details the complete list of updates and changes made to TOTAL released with the May 07, 2013 update.
Document 6306 | Last updated: 05/06/2013 MJY
As you can see from the release notes below, since TOTAL's release last month we've been focused on bug fixes, performance, and stability. Actually, we never stop working on those issues, but it's always our primary focus right after a new version is released. While data errors and lockups are extremely rare, we take them very seriously. We understand the impact those issues can have on the appraisers that are experiencing them. This update reflects that, with a host of fixes along with a few new improvements.
Here are some of the highlights of this release:
- We've added several core engine optimizations to boost TOTAL's stability and speed
- We corrected an issue that caused TOTAL to lock up on rare occasions
- Moving an Aurora report to TOTAL no longer resets the USPS address standardization
- When you import PDFs, the image quality and overall clarity is drastically better
- We corrected the issue that prevented an invoice from being printed or delivered as a separate file
- Moving reports to TOTAL 2011 after being edited in TOTAL now works properly
- Typing after the text has overflowed to the addenda no longer causes errors in the original field
- The new Advanced Report Recovery Utility has been added to the Tech Support Assistant, so you can see and manage recoverable files more easily
After any major release, the new system starts getting used by thousands of appraisers with millions of workflow combinations daily (no two appraisers work exactly the same), and issues come up that beta testers never encountered. That's the phase of the release cycle we're in now, and we're knocking issues out quickly and will keep you informed every step of the way. We know you want action, not just e‑mails — and you're getting it.
TOTAL will keep getting better based on your feedback. We have a rigorous update calendar with releases happening every few weeks. We read the feedback you provide from the Feedback button inside TOTAL, and we review nearly all of the support calls we receive. So, please continue to send us your ideas and when you run into a problem, let us know.
- When you import PDFs, the image quality and overall clarity is drastically better.
- The left and right arrows now work correctly after pasting data into a multi‑line field.
- Moving an Aurora report to TOTAL no longer resets the USPS address standardization.
- We corrected an issue that caused TOTAL to lock up on rare occasions.
- An issue was fixed that caused TOTAL to prompt for a new user to be created, even if one already existed or didn't load entirely.
- We've added several core engine optimizations to boost TOTAL's stability and speed.
- Typing after the text has overflowed to the addenda no longer causes errors in the original field.
- The Appraisal Desktop no longer automatically adds the year to the Inspection Date of signed reports.
Aurora Transition Assistant
- Image quality, proximity to subject, direction from subject, and comparable image size settings are now transferred properly.
- Deleting properties in a group no longer switches focus to a different property.
- The condition field is now correctly populated when importing comps from the Comps Database.
- You can now export information from a report that's closed.
- We added the option to keep an existing sketch or bring in the sketch from mobile device when merging into an open report.
- Blank mobile sketches imported into existing reports no longer overwrite a sketch that contains data.
- It's now more apparent which TOTAL Store application data is being imported from.
- New users can easily select a signing method (secure using SureDocs or unsecure), and the setting is remembered and re-used for future signing.
- When cropping, this message now displays: "Hold shift while dragging to maintain aspect ratio."
MLS Text File Importer
- The drop‑down on the third step of the MLS Text File Importer has been simplified for selecting property types.
- Heating and Cooling field data transfers properly into the form when importing from MLS.
- The "Append to the field:" drop‑down list in the MLS Importer's Data Clean Up screen now displays the friendly name for the available fields.
Opening a Report
- An issue was corrected that could prevent certain reports in XAP format from opening in TOTAL.
- Moving reports to TOTAL 2011 after being edited in TOTAL now works properly.
- Closing and reopening a signed report no longer causes USPS standardization to be reset.
- We made changes to prevent an "Unable to extract necessary data from the report file" message when opening a report.
- The ability to add an invoice only through DataCourier has been added.
- Printing an invoice only now works correctly.
- The option to append data when using a QuickList in a multi-line field now works correctly.
- QuickLists will now be shown across all forms if the entry is applicable. (For instance, if a QuickList was set up in a 2055 for city, state, and zip, that QuickList will now appear in all of the applicable forms — not just the 2055.)
- Images in the Interior Photo forms are now being imported into the QuickPix Database.
- SafeStart no longer prompts to reboot a second time when fonts are replaced.
- Choosing "No" when SafeStart asks to reboot the PC no longer results in an error.
- When downloading reports from TOTAL for Mobile, the sketch will be placed in the appraisal without having to open and save it first.
- When merging from previous reports, linked fields in the cover letter and addenda (such as address) will now get populated with the new report's data rather than what's in the previous report.
- For added control when a report should be restored from auto‑recovery, a message is displayed until every report is deleted or recovered.
- An additional message is now shown when the report being opened has a recoverable version available in SmartRecover.
- A keyboard shortcut has been added for spell checking the current field. (Alt+F7)
- New spell check shortcuts have been added: Ignore (Alt+I), Ignore All (Alt+G), Add (Alt+A), Change (Alt+C), Change All (Alt+H).
- The spell check window now stays in the same place.
Tech Support Assistant
- The new Advanced Report Recovery Utility has been added to the Tech Support Assistant, so you can see and manage recoverable files more easily.
- URAR [UAD version 9/2011]
- Exterior-Only [UAD version 9/2011]
- Condo [UAD version 9/2011]
- Exterior-Only Condo [UAD version 9/2011]
- You can now insert PDFs and images from the Spectrum Workfile directly into the report as pages.
- We now display a message if you try to add an unsupported file to the Workfile.