Convert .XLS or .XLSX files to .CSV format
This document guides you through the process of converting an Excel spreadsheet file from .XLS or .XLSX format to a .CSV format.
Document 6014 | Last updated: 02/15/2017 MJY
Follow the instructions below to convert your Excel spreadheet from an XLS or XLSX format to a .CSV for use with TOTAL's MLS Text File Importer.
- Open the .XLS or .XLSX file you exported from your MLS or other data source in Excel.
- Depending on the version of Excel you are using, click File, or click the Windows icon on the upper left to access the File menu.
- Select Save As from the drop‑down menu.
- In the window that appears, select the location in which you want to save the file, enter a Filename for the your .CSV file, then click the drop‑down menu beside Save as type, and select CSV (Comma Delimited) (*.csv).
- Click Save. If you receive a message saying your file may contain features that are not compatible with CSV, click Yes to keep the CSV format and leave out any incompatible features.
That's it! Your file is now saved in .CSV format and you can proceed to import it using the MLS Text File Importer in TOTAL.