Access WinTOTAL Aurora reports in TOTAL using attached directories
This document explains how to transfer reports from WinTOTAL Aurora to TOTAL using an attached directory.
Document 6004 | Last updated: 06/08/2016 MJY
Watch the video below to see this process in action.
If you need to access your old WinTOTAL Aurora files without moving all of them to your main TOTAL installation, another option is to attach the Aurora directories in TOTAL's file manager. Follow the steps below to access your WinTOTAL reports from within TOTAL.
If you've already followed these steps, or have run the Aurora Transition Assistant, click here for instructions on opening your Aurora files from within TOTAL.
- From the Appraisal Desktop, click Folder in the menu bar on the upper left and select Attach Folder.
- In the Attach Folder window that appears, click Browse.
- Browse to WinTOTAL's Files folder. The default location for this is C:\a la mode\WinTOTAL\Files. Select the Files folder and click OK.
- Click Attach.
That's it! A new directory called Aurora Reports appears in the list of folders on the left side of your Appraisal Desktop and is designated with a WinTOTAL icon ( ). All of the folders and reports you had set up in WinTOTAL are available through this directory.
Once you have run the Transition Assistant, or once you have created an attached directory, follow the instructions below to access your WinTOTAL reports in TOTAL:
- Open TOTAL's Appraisal Desktop and select the appropriate folder from the Aurora Reports directory in the Folders pane.
- If you are opening or transferring a single report, double‑click the file and jump to step #3.
- To select multiple, individual reports, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard while clicking and select multiple, individual files.
- To select a group of files, select the first file in the group. Then, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and select the last file in the group. This highlights all files in between the two you selected.
- Once you have selected the report(s) to be transferred, click Move/Copy in your toolbar.
- In the window that appears, choose between moving or copying the report(s):
- Move — this option takes the selected report(s) from the current location in Aurora and moves it to the TOTAL folder you select. You will no longer be able to access the report in Aurora.
- Copy — This option leaves the selected report(s) in the original location in Aurora, and creates a copy of the selected report(s) in the TOTAL folder you select. You will continue to have access to the report in Aurora, but this doubles the number of reports stored on your machine.
- Once you have chosen to move or copy your report(s), select the appropriate folder in TOTAL's Appraisal Desktop and click OK.
- If you double‑clicked a file from the Reports directory, the report automatically opens after choosing the destination folder and clicking OK. If you transferred multiple files, or manually transferred an individual report, select the appropriate folder from the Folders pane in TOTAL's Appraisal Desktop to access the report(s) you transferred.