Unable to Load Reports Grid (Aurora Only)
This document explains what to do if you receive an error indicating WinTOTAL was "Unable to Load Reports Grid" when trying to open your Appraisal Desktop
Document 5089 | Last updated: 12/29/2016 MJY
If you receive an error indicating WinTOTAL was "Unable to Load Reports Grid" when trying to open your Appraisal Desktop, it is usually caused when a portion of your user profile is corrupted.
To resolve this problem:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows Key + R.
- In the Open: field, type tsa and click OK
- Now, mark the WinTOTAL Utilities option and click Next.
- Double-click 1. Database Verification Scripts in the left column.
- In the screen that appears, scroll down to the bottom of the list and click the last option listed.
- Click OK.
If you receive an error when running the utility in step 3, you may need to call Tech Support to resolve your tech problem.
- When WinTOTAL is finished working, close the Tech Support Assistant.
Try opening WinTOTAL again.
If You're Still Experiencing Problems:
- Open the WinTOTAL Configuration Utility by clicking Start, [All] Programs, WinTOTAL, then WinTOTAL Configuration Utility. If you're using Windows 8, simply type WinTOTAL Configuration Utility when you're on your Start menu and select the program that appears.
- On the left side of the window that opens, click Select a user and note what user appears in the Current User window.
- Close the WinTOTAL Configuration Utility by clicking Exit in the top left.
- Now, press Windows Key + R on your keyboard, and type %wt%. Click OK.
- An Explorer window appears. In the list of folders on the left, find and click Users.
- A list of files appears in the main window. Find the folder that appears to be an abbreviated version of the name you wrote down in step 3 and double‑click it.
- Finally, find OFCVIEW.INI and right‑click it.
- In the menu that appears, choose Rename. Then rename the file to OFCVIEW.OLD
- Close the folder and start WinTOTAL again.
You can now open WinTOTAL without any errors, but if you're still having problems, you may need to contact Tech Support.