Creating Templates in WinTOTAL
Using 'templates' that contain common appraisal forms, data, and formatting can really speed up the formfilling process. This doc shows you how.
Document 5068 ¦ Last updated: 12/29/2016 JMD
Creating templates in WinTOTAL is as simple as beginning a new appraisal file. All that's required is that you begin a new file and add only the forms and data you find yourself commonly using from one appraisal to the next. Many appraisers even create a variety of templates for different occasions such as templates for different form types, different neighborhoods, or clients. By taking a few moments to set up a handful of useful templates, you can often shave more than 15-30 minutes or more of the turn around time for each appraisal!
Here's how to create a template file:
- In the Appraisal Desktop, click New to create a new appraisal file.
- Once WinTOTAL loads and brings you into the Order PowerView, type a name for your template such as "URAR Template" in the Report Description field.
- Add any other data you feel is relevant to the order form. For example, if you're creating different template files for different clients, you'd want to add the client and/or lender information to the order form as well.
- When finished, click Contents in the toolbar.
- Now, add each of the forms you'd use in a typical appraisal to your report. For example, if you were creating a URAR template, you might add a URAR, invoice, photo pages, and any other supporting forms you like.
- Click OK when finished.
- If you would like to include specific data in the forms you've added, click Forms in the toolbar and fill out only the data you wish to include in each appraisal of this type. For instance, if you're creating a Neighborhood template, you'd likely fill out the Neighborhood section of your major form as that is likely to be the same from one appraisal in that neighborhood to the next.
- When finished, click Save in the toolbar.
Repeat this process to create as many template files as you'd like.
Organizing Your Templates
Here's one way to organize your File Cabinet to make the templates easy to find. If you have a report open, click the open button on the upper left to return to the Aurora Appraisal Desktop.
- In the Appraisal Desktop, click the Reports folder and then click the Customize link above it, and then click New.
- Type a name for a templates folder like "Templates." Then, click your new templates folder and repeat the process for any specific templates that you may have such as Client, Form, or Neighborhood templates.
- Find each template you created in your File Cabinet and move it to the respective folders inside your new templates folder.
Using Your Templates
Now that you've created and organized your templates, you're ready to begin using them. When you need to use a template:
- Create a new report as usual by clicking New in the Appraisal Desktop toolbar.
- In the Order PowerView, fill out any relevant information for your new report, then click the Merge button in the toolbar.
- In the Merge window, click the templates folder on the left that contains your template file and then click the template file you wish to use in the list on the right.
- Mark the Selected forms in report option.
- Now, if you don't wish to merge the entire template into your report, unmark each section you do not need by double-clicking it. Otherwise, skip this step.
- When finished, click Merge forms AND data for all data in the template or click Merge in forms only to just merge in the template's form structure.
That's it! Continue filling in your report as usual or use the Merge process again to merge in data from an old report.