Submitting a Support Request in WinTOTAL
This document walks you through attaching report files to and sending a Support Request in WinTOTAL Aurora.
Document 5065 | Last updated: 12/29/2016 MJY
There may be times when someone from our support team will ask you to submit a Support Request from within WinTOTAL. This allows us access to the particular file or files that may be causing problems in the software. Additionally, a detailed diagnostic report of your system is attached for us to review.
You might also send a Support Request if you're experiencing a problem outside of your support hours, to have an issue researched without requiring a phone call, or simply to request a new form or feature.
Submitting a Support Request from your Windows desktop
To submit a Support Request from your desktop:
- From your desktop, press Windows Key + R.
- In the Run box that appears, type tsa and click OK.
- Then, select Support Request from the list and click Next.
- Under the Support Request Priority heading, select the appropriate priority level for your circumstance.
- Under the Your Contact Information heading, enter all applicable information. All fields are required, except for the Cell or pager and Best time to call fields. (If you don't have a fax number to enter, use a generic number as a placeholder.) Under the To heading, enter an Attention notation — "support" or "tech support" works well if you're submitting the request without the assistance of one of our support staff.
- Now, click Next.
- In the text entry window, provide as much detail as possible regarding your issue. Or, enter text as instructed by the technician.
- If you're not attaching a file, click Send. To attach a file, jump to the Attaching Report Files section of this document.
- When the Send Support Request message displays, click OK.
- Once the process has completed a message appears indicating your Support Request has been delivered.
Attaching Report Files to your Support Request
In order to attach a report file to a Support Request, you need to know the report's name and where it's stored in WinTOTAL's File Cabinet. Of course, you can attach any other type of file as needed, but since it's common to attach a report, we show you how to do that here. To attach reports to your Support Request:
- Complete steps 1 through 7 detailed previously in this document.
- Click Attach.
- The Attach File screen is displayed with the Select a Report option selected by default. The folder structure of WinTOTAL's Appraisal Desktop is listed on the left.
- Click on the folder or sub‑folder where your report is stored.
- In the center window, click to highlight the report(s) you wish to include, and then click Attach.
- Once the report file(s) displays in the File(s) to include pane on the right, click OK.
- Now, click Send.
- Click OK in the Send Support Request window. Depending on your Internet connection and the size of any files attached, it may take a few minutes to deliver the request.
That's it! A message appears indicating your Support Request has been delivered.