How to export data from TREND MLS for Titan Analytics
This document explains how to export data from TREND MLS in Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, and create a CSV file for use in the Titan Analytics 1004MC and analytics charts.
Document 3113 ¦ Last updated: 05/09/2017 KMG
Follow the instructions below to export data from TREND and save it as a Comma Separated Value (CSV) file, and then import it to use in Titan Analytics:
- Log in to the TREND MLS.
- Click My TREND at the top and select Settings.
- From the settings screen, click Custom Exports.
- Under Manage Custom Exports, click Add Export.
- Enter a name for your export such as Titan Analytics.
- Now, go through the process of selecting the fields Titan Analytics will use.
The Matrix MLS software has a handy search feature for the fields, so you can type something like "price" in search field and narrow the list of available fields down to ones that contain the word "price". Searching may also prove faster than scrolling for single fields.
- Select each of the fields from the list on the left, and click Add. You can add these fields in any order.
- Listing ID (MLS #)
- Status (sold, pending, etc.)
- Close Date
- Expiration Date
- Listing Contract Date
- Withdrawn Date
- Contract Date
- Purchase Pending Date
- List Price
- Close Price
- Distressed (bank owned, foreclosure, etc.)
- Total Days on Market
- Latitude (Optional)
- Longitude (Optional)
- Street Address
- State or Province
- Living Area (GLA)
- Lot Size (Optional)
- Year Built (Optional)
- Garage (Optional)
- Levels/Stories (Optional)
- Bedrooms (Optional)
- Bathrooms (Optional)
- Pool (Optional)
- Seller Concession Amount
- After you’ve added the required fields, you can also add in anything else you might want to see that could help identify outliers and properties that shouldn’t be included with the subject market.
- Select the Name and Comma radio buttons near the bottom. This is how Titan Analytics knows which field corresponds to what data.
- Now, click Save, and then click Done. Your export format has been saved and is ready to use.
- From here, operate your MLS as you normally would to search for properties to include in your 1004MC analysis. You'll want to make sure and get all statuses — not just sold properties.
- After the search results for the 1004MC appear on screen, be sure to select all the properties using the Check All function in Matrix. Then, at the bottom of the screen click Export.
- Be sure the Titan Analytics option we just created is selected from the drop‑down menu. Then, click Export.
- Your CSV will be downloaded to your browser and usually saved in your downloads folder.
- When prompted for your CSV file in Titan Analytics, simply drag this file into the window, or use the Browse function to manually locate it.