How to export data from California Regional MLS (CRMLS) for Titan Analytics
This document explains how to export data from California Regional MLS (CRMLS) and create a CSV file for use in the Titan Analytics 1004MC and analytics charts.
Document 3110 | Last updated: 03/12/2018 SPB
Follow the instructions below to export data from CRMLS and save it as a Comma Separated Value (CSV) file, and then import it to use in Titan Analytics:
- Log in to the CRMLS Matrix system.
- Click My Matrix at the top and select Settings.
- From the settings screen, click Custom Exports.
- Under Manage Custom Exports, click Add Export.
- Enter a name for your export such as Titan Analytics.
- Now, go through the process of selecting the fields Titan Analytics will use.
The Matrix MLS software has a handy search feature for the fields, so you can type something like "price" in search field and narrow the list of available fields down to ones that contain the word "price". Searching may also prove faster than scrolling for single fields.
- Select each of the fields from the list on the left, and click Add. You can add these fields in any order.
- Close Date
- Close Price
- Contract Date
- Distressed (bank owned, foreclosure, etc.)
- Expiration Date
- List Price
- Listing Contract Date
- Listing ID (MLS #)
- Living Area (GLA)
- (Purchase) Pending Date
- Seller Concession Amount
- State or Province
- Status (sold, pending, etc.)
- Street Dir Prefix
- Street Dir Suffix
- Street Name
- Street Number Extension
- Street Number Numerific
- Street Suffix
- Street Suffix Modifier
- Total Days on Market
- Withdrawn Date
- ZIP or Postal Code
- After you’ve added the required fields, you can also add in anything else you might want to see that could help identify outliers and properties that shouldn’t be included with the subject market.
- Near the bottom of the window, select Name next to Include Column Names. This is how Titan Analytics knows which field corresponds to what data.
- Now, click Save, and then click Done. Your export format has been saved and is ready to use.
- From here, operate your MLS as you normally would to search for properties to include in your 1004MC analysis.
- After the search results for the 1004MC appear on screen, be sure to select all the properties using the Check All function in Matrix. Then, at the bottom of the screen click Export.
- Be sure the Titan Analytics option we just created is selected from the drop‑down menu. Then, click Export.
- Your CSV will be downloaded to your browser and usually saved in your downloads folder.
- When prompted for your CSV file in Titan Analytics, simply drag this file into the window, or use the Browse function to manually locate it.